[CentOS] Oracle tries to capture CentOS users

Fri Jul 20 15:12:21 UTC 2012

Chris wrote:
> Hello CentOS Guys :-)
>
> Oracle has created a new Website to capture CentOS Users :o
>
> http://linux.oracle.com/switch/centos/

Yup. No, don't switch from CentOS to RHEL, switch to *us*, and pay even
more for very, very, very lousy support.*

And I *love* the chart... never mind that RH changed the build structure
to give Oracle pain, and it hurt us, Never mind that the difference
between Oracle and CentOS, once that was fixed, dropped like a rock, due
to our team (that is, Johnny, and Karanbir, and all the rest), to where
it's even....

No, you should pay us, says Larry, I need to keep my yacht and fighter jet
taken care of....

         mark

* Long rant of personally-experienced month of Sun/Oracle "support"
available upon request.