[CentOS] Oracle tries to capture CentOS users

Fri Jul 20 17:16:32 UTC 2012
John Hinton <webmaster at ew3d.com>

On 7/20/2012 11:15 AM, Hakan Koseoglu wrote:
> On 20 July 2012 15:19, Chris <xchris89x at googlemail.com> wrote:
>> http://linux.oracle.com/switch/centos/
> I found the "update delay" graph laughable. They're comparing
> themselves to a bunch of volunteers and then say "we beat people work
> for free and for the love of it".... Right... IMHO, I'd rather go for
> RHEL if I'm paying. (Unfortunately I don't make that decision,
> customers do, disclaimer, $dayjob has OEL customers too).

Yes, pick the one bad time for CentOS and release 6 and show that in a
graph. I find it interesting the CentOS is showing as faster than Oracle
now.

Meanwhile, if this is linux.oracle.com, shouldn't Oracle database be
included in the 'free version'? If you want something laughable. Anyway,
Oracle came with some old distro or book I picked up. It was free with
some strings as I remember, but that is likely a decade ago now. Still,
shouldn't Oracle linux include Oracle? The word Oracle being synonymous
with one thing. I might have to do an install if it did and if it was
free for any use. ;)

--
John Hinton
877-777-1407 ext 502