[CentOS] kmod-nvidia?

Fri Jul 20 20:09:17 UTC 2012
Stephen Harris <lists at spuddy.org>

On Fri, Jul 20, 2012 at 03:48:43PM -0400, m.roth at 5-cent.us wrote:
> around. I did a yum clean all, then yum --enablerepo=elrepo list

FWIW, that probably didn't do what you thought.

On my machine I have EPEL configured, but disabled.

  $ pwd
  /var/cache/yum/x86_64/6
  $ yum --enablerepo=epel list > /dev/null
  $ du -hs *
  8.0K    base
  20M     epel
  8.0K    extras
  21M     local-base
  56K     local-extras
  5.6M    local-updates
  0       timedhosts.txt
  8.0K    updates

We can see the cache has been populated.

  $ yum clean all
  Loaded plugins: fastestmirror, priorities, security
  Cleaning repos: local-base local-extras local-updates
  Cleaning up Everything
  Cleaning up list of fastest mirrors
  $ du -hs *
  8.0K    base
  20M     epel
  8.0K    extras
  8.0K    local-base
  8.0K    local-extras
  8.0K    local-updates
  8.0K    updates

Wait, the epel directory still has data!

  $ yum --enablerepo=epel clean all
  Loaded plugins: fastestmirror, priorities, security
  Determining fastest mirrors
  Cleaning repos: epel local-base local-extras local-updates
  Cleaning up Everything
  Cleaning up list of fastest mirrors
  $ du -hs *
  8.0K    base
  8.0K    epel
  8.0K    extras
  8.0K    local-base
  8.0K    local-extras
  8.0K    local-updates
  8.0K    updates

That's better.

So you might need to do "yum --enablerepo=elrepo clean all" to flush
your cache.

--

rgds
Stephen