[CentOS] Installing Centos-6 32 bit

Thu Jul 26 11:31:55 UTC 2012
Keith Roberts <keith at karsites.net>

On Thu, 26 Jul 2012, James A. Peltier wrote:

> From: James A. Peltier <jpeltier at sfu.ca>
> Subject: Re: [CentOS] Installing Centos-6 32 bit

> If you run an interactive installation on a single
> machine, selecting the components that you want installed,
> the partition layout and so forth, that machine will
> generate a kickstart file for you to replicate other
> machines with located in /root/anaconda-ks.cfg.  You can
> alter this file as you so choose and use it to then
> install other machines by passing it the ks= options for
> protocol, locations and whatnot.

Thank you for reminding me about that option to generate a
basic kickstart file. That's worth doing to get and example
kickstart file to work on later.

> Adding multimedia repos can be managed as part of the
> kickstarts post process to add things like RPMFusion,
> EPEL, ATRPMS and any other third party repo that you want.
> Once the repositories are available you can then install
> components from them.

Are the 6 repos still the same as the 5 - apart from
the version change from 5.x to 6.x ?

> As a side note, have a look at the documentation for
> kickstart and more specifically the "repo" options.  You
> can include updates as part of the OS installation ending
> up with a host that has all updates applied during
> installation so that when it boots you have a fully
> patched system when rolled out.

Are you referring to the RH docs or Centos website & wiki
docs here James?

Kind Regards,

Keith

Websites: