[CentOS] system-config-network-tui not part of base install... wtf

Thu Jul 26 21:56:07 UTC 2012

On 07/26/2012 06:33 PM, Reindl Harald wrote:

> Am 26.07.2012 19:27, schrieb Karanbir Singh:
>> On 07/26/2012 04:42 PM, Fernando Cassia wrote:
>>> My opinion after this experience is that it'd help for CentOS to
>>> include system-config-network-tui as part of the base install.
>>
>> Can you be a bit more specific about what you mean by a 'base install' ?
>> Its not actually possible to get a minimalist @base only install without
>> kickstarting the installer instance - at which point you might as well
>> +<package> whatever you need.
>

> says who?

erm, have you looked at the anaconda setup group selections ? None of
them default to an @base only install.

> you get a completly stripped down setup which
> no network, no editors like nano and have to
> do your first network config with echo to the
> config files which takes around 30 seconds

Are you saying here that even when you select a Desktop or Workstation
install profile you end up with a minimalist install ? I find that
pretty hard to believe.

--
Karanbir Singh
ICQ: 2522219    | Yahoo IM: z00dax      | Gtalk: z00dax