[CentOS] xeyes kills freenx session

Les Mikesell lesmikesell at gmail.com
Sat Jun 2 16:43:13 UTC 2012

On Fri, Jun 1, 2012 at 3:12 PM, Johnny Hughes <johnny at centos.org> wrote:

> OK ... the new freenx (0.7.3-9) and nx (3.5.0-2) have been pushed to
> CentOS-5 extras and CentOS-6 extras.
>
> They should be on mirror.centos.org in the next 20 minutes and then on
> the external mirrors (on mirrorlist) within 24 hours.

Thanks  - can't ask for better support than that!

FWIW - xeyes is something I might run to test a problem, and
apparently I haven't had any problems with freenx for the time this
bug has existed even though I nearly always have 3 or more NX sessions
open every day to different locations from my work machine - each with
an assortment of remote ssh connections to other hosts.  It has been
very reliable and useful.

I do tend to forget about xauth not being included by default on 6.x,
but 'ssh -v -X' was the right way to discover that.

--
   Les Mikesell
     lesmikesell at gmail.com