[CentOS] What to use on CentOS 6.2 w/ an Epson Stylus Photo 2200

m.roth at 5-cent.us

Tue Jun 5 16:56:17 UTC 2012

Epson doesn't seem to have one; I see an rpm at openprinting.org, but that
.rpm d/l I started around 11:30 my time, and the d/l slowed, and slowed,
and it's been at 21% and "1 hr 17 min to go" for it seems like close to
half an hour. I d/l a tar.bz2, but I'm not sure I want to build and
install it - my use of this printer is temporary, and I want to be able to
uninstall it all.

I also can't seem to find what some of the Epson drivers in the std.
CentOS CUPS packages handle. Anyone have any pointers?

       mark