[CentOS] [6.2] Postfix not reading main.cf

Neil Aggarwal neil at JAMMConsulting.com
Thu Jun 7 02:17:47 UTC 2012

OK, nevermind.  I was supposed to be using postconf -n instead of -d.
Arrgh.  Been reading till my eyes are getting crossed.

Neil

--
Neil Aggarwal, (972)834-1565, http://UnmeteredVPS.net/centos
Virtual private server with CentOS 6 preinstalled
Unmetered bandwidth = no overage charges

-----Original Message-----
From: centos-bounces at centos.org [mailto:centos-bounces at centos.org] On Behalf
Of Neil Aggarwal
Sent: Wednesday, June 06, 2012 9:13 PM
To: centos at centos.org
Subject: [CentOS] [6.2] Postfix not reading main.cf

Hello:

I just did a fresh install of CentOS 6.2 on a virtual server.

I am trying to configure Postfix but it does not seem to be
reading configuration directives from /etc/postfix/main.cf

Here is what I did to test it:
vi /etc/postfix/main.cf and set this directive:
	myorigin = hello.world.com
postfix reload
postconf -d | grep myorigin

I get this output:
append_at_myorigin = yes
myorigin = $myhostname

Any ideas why it is not picking up the configuration?

Thanks,
  Neil