[CentOS] Centos 6 - Networking: Some Queries -- GURUS HELP PL

Ross Cavanagh ross.cav at gmail.com
Mon Jun 11 10:12:54 UTC 2012

On Mon, Jun 11, 2012 at 4:45 PM, Sanjay Arora <sanjay.k.arora at gmail.com>wrote:

> On Sat, Jun 9, 2012 at 6:59 AM, Gordon Messmer
> > If you want to use NAT and keep your guests in a segregated network,
> > that is exactly how the default install behaves.  You don't have to do
> > any network-specific configuration.
>
> But that segregated network does not have access to the Internet....or
> am I wrong?
>
> I'm just jumping in and may not have read everything, but having the NAT
option will still allow Internet access to the guest if the host is setup
to allow this (which is the default on most virtual hosts as far as I'm
aware). But you may find it harder to access the NAT guest if you're trying
to access it from another system on the same network as the host system.

You can always setup multiple NIC's on the guest.