[CentOS] Centos 6 - Networking: Some Queries -- GURUS HELP PL

Sanjay Arora sanjay.k.arora at gmail.com
Wed Jun 13 06:52:53 UTC 2012

On Tue, Jun 12, 2012 at 9:19 PM, Les Mikesell <lesmikesell at gmail.com> wrote:

> It might be easier to suggest an approach if you describe what you
> need to do.  You can't magically make new public addresses that aren't
> available appear on an existing network, whether it is on real or
> virtual NICs.     But there are ways to tunnel access to different
> private networks to each other or to reverse-proxy connections to a
> public address to a server on a private address.

My machine is on LAN 192.168.1.0/24, has an IP of 192.168.1.3. This
Network has GW 192.168.1.1 which is an adsl router in the office. No
firewall on the router. Other LAN machines have IPs in the
192.168.1.0/24 network & I'm not allowed to use those IPs. They are
reserved for LAN use.

Now My machine has a second card for LTSP Network (it is a LTSP
Server) with IP 172.16.1.0/24

I want Virtual hosts on my machine so I have to have a different IP
range....say 192.168.2.0/24

And I want routing among three as well as Internet access through the
NATTED adsl router which has a dynamic IP.

This is my problem.