[CentOS] CentOS 4x Download

Johnny Hughes johnny at centos.org
Thu Jun 14 17:15:30 UTC 2012

On 06/14/2012 12:05 PM, Shiv. Nath wrote:
> Dear Community Friends,
>
> i badly require CentOS 4x, because one of our application only work with
> that version, and current server has failed. The image which is
> available in CentOS following sites. CD is not boot able, cannot install.
>
> http://vault.centos.org/4.9/
> http://vault.centos.org/
>
> can anyone help to guide me how can o get CD or DVD image CentOS 4x.

The CDs should be just fine as far as booting them goes.

You need to burn them as "an image" with your burning software and boot
any if the CD-1 or DVD-1 images.

If your machine does not boot from CD, you can create a pen drive boot
using bootdisk.img from here:

http://vault.centos.org/4.9/os/x86_64/images/

(or i386 instead of x86_64)