[CentOS] Rhythmbox Replacement

Les Mikesell lesmikesell at gmail.com
Mon Jun 18 19:16:21 UTC 2012

On Sun, Jun 17, 2012 at 8:28 AM, Mark LaPierre <marklapier at aol.com> wrote:

> Anyway, what I'm looking for is a new pod catcher that isn't many years
> out of date, and is supported in the repos.  I've learned over the years
> that mixing repos is a good recipe for disaster.

If you are generally online to listen, you can use google reader as a
subscription aggregator and play them through any browser that handles
mp3s.    And, if you have an android phone, the 'listen' app
automatically tracks the subscriptions and can keep a configurable
number of unlistened podcasts downlaoded for offline listening
(perfect for long commutes...).   The 'reader' phone app works with
text newsfeeds.  You just have to be careful about going into 'all
items' in the web interface to reader and doing a 'mark all as read'
because it also clears the listen section.