[CentOS] Bug in Latest Adobe Flash Plugin

Ned Slider ned at unixmail.co.uk
Wed Jun 20 20:03:41 UTC 2012

On 20/06/12 17:31, Keith Roberts wrote:

> Does anybody have the latest flash plugin 11.2. working on
> Centos 5.7 32 bit please?

I have the latest 32-bit flash-plugin from the Adobe repo installed and
running on 64-bit 5.8 (latest) with 32-bit Firefox from the distro (I
run 32-bit FF and plugins on a 64-bit desktop)

$ rpm -q flash-plugin firefox
flash-plugin-11.2.202.236-release.i386
firefox-10.0.5-1.el5_8.i386

and it works fine here. In your original post you mentioned SWF files -
this one plays fine for me:

http://www.britarch.ac.uk/caf/wikka.php?wakka=TestSWF

If you have a link to a SWF file that's not working for you I'd be happy
to test it. I have no idea what format most flash content comes in but I
have no issue with video content on youtube or the BBC website.

Perhaps you need to update from 5.7 to 5.8?