[CentOS] 75% - 80% Rebuild Complete

Eugene Poole

etpoole60 at comcast.net
Tue Jun 5 23:21:47 UTC 2012

OK,  I'm about 90% sure that I've corrected the boot loader situation
with RAID-1 and the second hard drive.  I haven't tested the correction,
but here's what I did:

    Examined the grub.conf file and noticed that hd0 uses (hd0,1), so
    what followed was
    grub

        grub> device (hd1) /dev/sdc
        grub> root (hd1,1)
        grub> setup (hd1)
        <after receiving the successful message>
        grub> quit

I didn't rebuild the boot loader on /dev/sda because it is working (if
it ain't broke don't fix it).
My situation is that I'm using 4 - 1 TB hard drives and I used the
following pattern:

    /dev/sda | /dev/sdc = First Raid -1 volume
    /dev/sdb | /dev/sdd = Second Raid-1 volume

Thanks all for the suggestions and thoughts!

Gene