[CentOS] (?) Dual-monitor wallpapers on CEntOS 6

Jay Leafey

jay.leafey at mindless.com
Thu Jun 7 21:45:12 UTC 2012

On 06/07/2012 04:08 PM, m.roth at 5-cent.us wrote:

> For the nVidia one, are you using the nVidia X server setting applet?
>
>         mark

Yes, I am.  I used the nvidia-xconfig program to set the initial display
configuration.  I believe I used the options "--twinview
--dynamic-twinview" when I ran it.  Here's the relevant sections from
/etc/X11/xorg.conf:

> Section "Device"
>     Identifier     "Device0"
>     Driver         "nvidia"
>     VendorName     "NVIDIA Corporation"
>     BoardName      "GeForce 8400 GS"
> EndSection
>
> Section "Screen"
>     Identifier     "Screen0"
>     Device         "Device0"
>     Monitor        "Monitor0"
>     DefaultDepth    24
>     Option         "TwinView" "1"
>     Option         "TwinViewXineramaInfoOrder" "DFP-0"
>     Option         "metamodes" "DFP: nvidia-auto-select +0+0, CRT: nvidia-auto-select +1920+0"
>     SubSection     "Display"
>         Depth       24
>     EndSubSection
> EndSection

As you can see, I've got one monitor on the DVI connection and one on
the VGA.  Both monitors are the same resolution, 1920x1080.

Oddly, it only shows one "Monitor" section in the file, the one for the
DVI connection.  I believe this is an artefact of the dynamic-twinview
option, the second monitor appears to be detected on-the-fly.

Any thoughts?
Jay Leafey - jay.leafey at mindless.com
Memphis, TN