[CentOS] Centos 6 - Networking: Some Queries -- GURUS HELP PL

Ross Walker

rswwalker at gmail.com
Thu Jun 14 22:40:22 UTC 2012

On Jun 13, 2012, at 2:52 AM, Sanjay Arora <sanjay.k.arora at gmail.com> wrote:

> My machine is on LAN 192.168.1.0/24, has an IP of 192.168.1.3. This
> Network has GW 192.168.1.1 which is an adsl router in the office. No
> firewall on the router. Other LAN machines have IPs in the
> 192.168.1.0/24 network & I'm not allowed to use those IPs. They are
> reserved for LAN use.
>
> Now My machine has a second card for LTSP Network (it is a LTSP
> Server) with IP 172.16.1.0/24

Can your VMs request IPs on this network or is it NAT'd as well?

> I want Virtual hosts on my machine so I have to have a different IP
> range....say 192.168.2.0/24

Maybe better to use LTSP network IPs and use the 192.168 bridge interface for Internet only giving out dnsmasq IPs which are 169.X I believe?

> And I want routing among three as well as Internet access through the
> NATTED adsl router which has a dynamic IP.

If you have 172.16 IPs on the VMs for the LTSP bridged network, then use dnsmasq to assign dynamic IPs for the Internet NAT'd bridge on the 192.168 network, set a default route out the Internet NAT'd bridged interfaces and you should get what you want.

-Ross