[CentOS] any reliable FTP server with HTTPS/FTPS, commercial or not

Barry Brimer

lists at brimer.org
Fri Jun 15 05:29:00 UTC 2012

> Proftpd, hands down for the (s)ftp(s) but for http you have to look
> somewhere else.
+1 for ProFTPD.  I have not used it for sftp, but I have for ftps.  Make
sure on ftps to use ccc - clear command channel which allows the command
channel to be picked up by firewalls that need to know about the port
change conversation.  Also .. limit your passive ports as well.  1 for
administration + 2*number of concurrent users.  Use apache for https.