[CentOS] Hanging issue with sudo command

Scott Robbins

scottro at nyc.rr.com
Thu Jun 21 11:28:40 UTC 2012

> On 19/06/12 00:29, Kaplan, Andrew H. wrote:
> > Recently it was observed the user account took longer to complete its login from a terminal window and console. It is also now having
> > problems when running the sudo command. Essentially when the user runs the command, the latter hangs, and the administrator is
> > forced to log in as root, and kill the hung progress.
> >
> > What would cause this issue to occur, and how can it be corrected?

I've run into similar, though not identical, issues when a machine is
part of an active directory domain.  Apparently, authenticating off the
domain controller.

Has there been any change in authentication methods, or joining a
Windows domain, or anything similar?

--
Scott Robbins
PGP keyID EB3467D6

Xander: Well, I guess that makes it official. Everybody's paired
off. Vampires get dates. Hell, even the school librarian sees
more action than me.