[CentOS] RAID?

Digimer

lists at alteeve.ca
Sat Jun 23 15:36:34 UTC 2012

On 06/23/2012 02:27 AM, hadi motamedi wrote:
> On 6/23/12, Digimer <lists at alteeve.ca> wrote:
>> On 06/23/2012 02:09 AM, hadi motamedi wrote:
>>> Dear All
>>> I want to install an application on my centos server asking if my
>>> server supports RAID . How can I check if my server supports RAID ?
>>> Thank you
>>
>> Hardware RAID? Ask the company you bought it from.
>>
>> Software RAID? If you have two or more disks, yes.
>>
>> --
>> Digimer
>> Papers and Projects: https://alteeve.com
>>

> Thank you very much for your reply. Sorry I meant software RAID to
> install the service of RAID how to enable and configure the RAID
> service.
> Thank you in advance

It depends on whether you want to do it during the install of the
operating system or after the OS is already installed. It also depends
on what kind of array you want to build, how many disks will be in it,
how those disks are seen by the OS, etc.

The best thing to do is to search for "building a software raid array in
linux". The tool is called 'mdadm', so reading it's man page will help
you learn, too.

cheers

--
Digimer