[CentOS] Python version fights.

Leonard den Ottolander

leonard at den.ottolander.nl
Sun Jun 24 17:52:45 UTC 2012

Hello Gene,

On Sun, 2012-06-24 at 12:55 -0400, Gene Heskett wrote:
> There are no surviving el5 packages on the system, including in the .repo
> files of yum.repos.d
>
> But if I fire up yumex, well over half the files presented say they are el5
> coming from rpmfusion,

Those two statements seem contradictory. Did you actually query those
packages to establish their origin?

So you tell us you only have el6 repos enabled. Perhaps someone
installed the offending packages manually or accidentally used the wrong
repo before? Get rid of the offending ones and reinstall using the
correct repo.

Regards,
Leonard.