[CentOS] Python version fights.

Gene Heskett

gheskett at wdtv.com
Sun Jun 24 21:30:13 UTC 2012

On Sunday 24 June 2012 17:27:09 Tony Schreiner did opine:

> On 6/24/2012 12:55 PM, Gene Heskett wrote:
> > On Sunday 24 June 2012 12:43:23 Leonard den Ottolander did opine:

> >> You can figure out what repo that is by "rpm -qi"ing one of the
> >> packages that is causing you trouble. Remove all offending packages,
> >> then remove the repo rpm (rpm -e rpmforge-release or epel-release or
> >> even another one, that is for you to figure out).
> >>
> >> After you got rid of the offending packages and repo-release you can
> >> now install the correct repo-release for the OS version you are using
> >> and add the packages you just removed.
> >>
> >> Regards,
> >> Leonard.
> >
> > There are no surviving el5 packages on the system, including in the
> > .repo files of yum.repos.d
> >
> > But if I fire up yumex, well over half the files presented say they
> > are el5 coming from rpmfusion, but my rpmfusion .repo's are all set
> > for el-6 as can be seen by this:
> >
> > [root at coyote yum.repos.d]# grep el rpmfusion-*.repo
> > rpmfusion-free-
> > updates.repo:#baseurl=http://download1.rpmfusion.org/free/el
> >
> > But I don't see anything but el-6 above.  So something is well and
> > truly knackered.  The question is what?
> >
> > Thanks & Cheers, Gene
>
> yum clean all
> might help you.
> Tony Schreiner

It did indeed Tony, thank you.  Now it only showed me a fresh yumex and
python-kitchen.  I installed those, quit it & restarted. but the stuffs I
need, like opencascade, still isn't showing in the ALL screen.

Cheers Tony & thanks, Gene
-Ed Howdershelt (Author)
There's a fine line between courage and foolishness.  Too bad it's not a
fence.