[CentOS] Should we run Amavisd on our final delivery hosts?

Fri Jun 15 13:39:36 UTC 2012
James B. Byrne <byrnejb at harte-lyne.ca>

We use Cyrus-imapd together with Postix to effect final delivery of
email messages to our clients.  The final delivery server is isolated
from the internet via a firewall and only pre-authorized host
addresses can connect.  All user pickup and delivery email traffic is
handled through separate Internet accessible hosts that may establish
these connections.  The Internet facing hosts have Postfix and Amavisd
running configured with ClamAV and Spamassassin.

Is there anything to be gained by having Amavisd, ClamAV and
Spamassassin running on the IMAP delivery box in addition to the
public hosts?

Canada  L8E 3C3