[CentOS] how is this possible?

Thu Jun 21 03:21:41 UTC 2012
Bob Hoffman <bob at bobhoffman.com>

I got a spam today (from a yahoo server, surprise!) with nothing but a
single link.

http://     2927755261/
I separated the http so it would not be a link in your email... suggest
not going to it without proper measures.
it takes you to a record search site.

When I look up this number block here,
http://www.ip-adress.com/ip_tracer/2927755261
it comes up with a different ip address...
The ip address has no correlation to the numbers I searched for though.

How is it possible to have a url that does not conform to the internet
standards?
Even ip addresses need 'periods' between each group of numbers....
and everything seems to require a period somewhere or the browser will
get angry.

At first I thought it was some kind of browser hack, but then the
iptrace pulls up an ip.

so how is this possible?