[CentOS] basic auth fails

Thu Jun 21 14:03:07 UTC 2012
Tim Dunphy <bluethundr at gmail.com>

Hello,

 I've setup apache basic auth on by web server to protect my nagios
site. It's been working just fine, but suddenly it stopped accepting
passwords even tho they are being typed in correctly. I was wondering
if I could get some advice on how to troubleshoot this?

 I'm on a centos 5.4 machine

Linux  2.6.21.7-2.fc8xen #1 SMP Fri Feb 15 12:34:28 EST 2008 x86_64
x86_64 x86_64 GNU/Linux

Server version: Apache/2.2.21 (Unix)
Server built:   Nov 14 2011 18:03:07

I don't see any indication in the logs as to why this may be
happening, but it's possible I might not be looking for the right
things.

Thanks
Tim