[CentOS] centos 6.2 xfs + nfs space allocation

Mon Jun 11 17:48:49 UTC 2012
aurfalien <aurfalien at gmail.com>

On Jun 11, 2012, at 10:39 AM, Stephan van Hienen wrote:

> On Mon, 11 Jun 2012, aurfalien wrote:
>
>> Hi Stephan,
>>
>> I also run 6.2 with XFS but am getting normal behavior.
>>
>> I ran your exact command and du -hs shows 9.8GB used.
>>
>> And ls -l shows 10485760000
>>
>> Would you like more info on my system?
>
> aurf,
>
> Any updates not installed on your system ?
> (older kernel maybe?)
> And what size is your xfs filesystem (I tested the issue on 2.5tb, 150gb
> and a 5t xfs filesystem)
>
> Stephan

Hi,

My system info;

kernel 2.6.32-220.17.1.el6.x86_64
xfsprogs-3.1.1-6.el6.x86_64

Mu system is up to dat as of today.  I'm pretty good at checking updates on a weekly basis.

I have chosen not to use LVM with my 20TB Raid 10 XFS file system.

I read some were that potential for problems exist due to UUID conflicts.

At any rate, I do not know how to get specifics on exactly what version of XFS that my file system is but this was a from scratch 6.2 install.

- aurf