[CentOS] any reliable FTP server with HTTPS/FTPS, commercial or not

Thu Jun 14 23:18:11 UTC 2012
John R Pierce <pierce at hogranch.com>

On 06/14/12 4:08 PM, Gelen James wrote:
> I had the same idea with you just a few years back that the ftp only servers FTP protocol. But nowadays a FTP server provides same contents over a lot of protocols at the same time: FTP/FTPS/SFTP/HTTP/HTTPS

thats just silly.  I suppose we should call NFS FTP too, because it
serves files?

the classic FTP protocol is a hangover from the 1970s and really should
be sent to pasture and allowed to die a peaceful death.    I generally
use http for serving anonymous read only files, and sftp/scp for
authenticated transfers