[CentOS] Fail2ban & logrotate [was: Update on spam, postfix, fail2ban, centos 6]

Sun Jun 17 14:38:37 UTC 2012
Leonard den Ottolander <leonard at den.ottolander.nl>

On Sun, 2012-06-17 at 10:32 -0400, Mail Lists wrote:
>     I have been following this thread and I am interested to know what
> kinda of notice your getting to know fail2ban has crashed
> on a logrotate. I just did a force rotate and the only thing fail2ban
> did was restart.

There's no notice. For some reason it cannot find the log file(s) it's
tracking anymore after a log rotate and stops adding IPs. The way I
noticed this was happening is because fail2ban started to get awfully
quiet (no ban mails).

> I am using Centos 6.2 + postfix + fail2ban-0.8.2-3.el6.rf

The problem I'm seeing is with the EPEL build for CentOS 6. I don't know
if the RF build is also affected.

Regards,
Leonard.