[CentOS] Bug in Latest Adobe Flash Plugin

Wed Jun 20 16:31:19 UTC 2012
Keith Roberts <keith at karsites.net>

On Wed, 20 Jun 2012, Ned Slider wrote:
*snip*
>>> That's a bad idea. Unpatched critical vulnerabilities in Flash (along
>>> with Java) is one of the most likely routes of infection of your machine
>>> and not updating it is asking for trouble.
>>

>> In general yes, but afaik flash player 10.3 is still actively patched
>> and supported by Adobe.
>>
>> Rainer
>
> I think you missed the point. It won't ever get updated if he's excluded
> it in yum.conf irrespective of whether it's actively maintained upstream
> or not.

OK. Thanks for all the input about this. I need to bear the
security aspect in mind. Possibly checking with Smart
Package Manager for any further security patches for the
10.3 version.

Does anybody have the latest flash plugin 11.2. working on
Centos 5.7 32 bit please?

Also I see that the Adobe flash plugin is no longer being
developed for Linux, and 11.2 is only available for the next
5 years with security patches added.

Is there not a free alternative to Adobe's flash plugin
please?

Kind Regards,

Keith

Websites: