[CentOS] Failing Network card

Wed Jun 20 19:21:31 UTC 2012
Gregory P. Ennis <PoMec at PoMec.Net>

On 06/20/12 11:17 AM, Dale Dellutri wrote:
> Or it could mean that the PCI-e slots are not providing enough power
> for this card, or the slots are specialized to run only certain types of
> cards.  What motherboard does the OP have?

more likely, it means once again Fry's is selling junk that belongs in a
scrap pile.

John,

I am being persuaded that you are right.  I'll have to look at the
mother board to answer Dale's question; the machine and the nic card
came from Fry's.  I have had pretty good luck with Fry's in the past,
but this has turned out to be a real pain.

What chip set, or what pci-e nic card would you recommend?

Greg