[CentOS] Bug in Latest Adobe Flash Plugin

Wed Jun 20 20:18:19 UTC 2012
Keith Roberts <keith at karsites.net>

On Wed, 20 Jun 2012, Ned Slider wrote:

> To: centos at centos.org
> From: Ned Slider <ned at unixmail.co.uk>
> Subject: Re: [CentOS] Bug in Latest Adobe Flash Plugin
>
> On 20/06/12 17:31, Keith Roberts wrote:
>>
>> Does anybody have the latest flash plugin 11.2. working on
>> Centos 5.7 32 bit please?
>>

> I have the latest 32-bit flash-plugin from the Adobe repo installed and
> running on 64-bit 5.8 (latest) with 32-bit Firefox from the distro (I
> run 32-bit FF and plugins on a 64-bit desktop)
>
> $ rpm -q flash-plugin firefox
> flash-plugin-11.2.202.236-release.i386
> firefox-10.0.5-1.el5_8.i386
>
> and it works fine here. In your original post you mentioned SWF files -
> this one plays fine for me:
>
> http://www.britarch.ac.uk/caf/wikka.php?wakka=TestSWF
>
> If you have a link to a SWF file that's not working for you I'd be happy
> to test it. I have no idea what format most flash content comes in but I
> have no issue with video content on youtube or the BBC website.
>
> Perhaps you need to update from 5.7 to 5.8?

OK - thank you for that Ned.

I'm getting my flash-plugin from rpmforge:
[root at karsites ~]# rpm -qv flash-plugin
flash-plugin-10.3.183.19-0.1.el5.rf

That's where the 11.2 one that I had problems with came
from.

I'm sure I downloaded the Adobe Linux flash-plugin rpm, but
it still did not work for me.

Also should Centos 5.7 not update itself automatically to
5.8?

It did update itself from some earlier 5.5 version to 5.7

Maybe being on 5.7 is where the problem is?

Regards,

Keith

Websites:
http://www.karsites.net