[CentOS] UC reinventing the wheel? page checker

Thu Jun 21 13:22:40 UTC 2012
Rushton Martin <JMRUSHTON at qinetiq.com>

Have you looked at inotify(7) ?  You'll need to do a bit of coding
though.

Martin Rushton
HPC System Manager, Weapons Technologies
Tel: 01959 514777, Mobile: 07939 219057
email: jmrushton at QinetiQ.com
www.QinetiQ.com

-----Original Message-----
From: centos-bounces at centos.org [mailto:centos-bounces at centos.org] On
Behalf Of Bob Hoffman
Sent: 21 June 2012 14:17
To: CentOS at centos.org
Subject: [CentOS] reinventing the wheel? page checker

Not sure if there is an app like this yet.
I want to keep tabs on my web applications and thought of using a 'page
checker'/

I was thinking either running a sum on the directory or each file...but
thinking a simple date check would be fine.

The idea is web application, except the uploads area for photos, never
has changes to its files except when I change it.

However, if it gets injected or hacked, I would want to know right away.

So thinking of running a script every minute looking for files where the
date changed since 'x' date or something like that.

Anything out there like that?

thanks
This email and any attachments to it may be confidential and are
intended solely for the use of the individual to whom it is
addressed. If you are not the intended recipient of this email,
you must neither take any action based upon its contents, nor
copy or show it to anyone. Please contact the sender if you
believe you have received this email in error. QinetiQ may
monitor email traffic data and also the content of email for
the purposes of security. QinetiQ Limited (Registered in England
& Wales: Company Number: 3796233) Registered office: Cody Technology
Park, Ively Road, Farnborough, Hampshire, GU14 0LX  http://www.qinetiq.com.