[CentOS] CentOS 6.2 on partitionable mdadm RAID1 (md_d0) - kernel panic with either disk not present

Sat Jun 23 04:44:32 UTC 2012
Arun Khan <knura9 at gmail.com>

On Thu, Jun 21, 2012 at 11:40 PM, Scott Silva <ssilva at sgvwater.com> wrote:
> on 6/20/2012 11:34 PM Arun Khan spake the following:
>> On Thu, Jun 21, 2012 at 10:09 AM, Rob Kampen
>>
> Just a shot in the dark... DO all the fstab entries call out md devices?

Yes, /etc/fstab contains /dev/md_d0p1 for / partition.

I have been doing some digging in the initramfs and the dracut script.

The initramfs does contain all the md related stuff like drivers, the
devices for md_d0 and the /etc/mdamd.conf.   To the best of my
knowledge these should be sufficient to load /dev/md_d0p1 (/).

I have not had a thorough look at the dracut script though.

I will post whatever relevant information if I find something that I
don't quite understand.

-- Arun Khan