[CentOS] partitions vs. LVs [was: Re: How to upgrade from 5.8 to 6.2]

Sun Jun 24 14:13:20 UTC 2012
Dennis Jacobfeuerborn <dennisml at conversis.de>

On 06/24/2012 03:41 PM, Benjamin Franz wrote:
> On 06/24/2012 12:05 AM, Gene Heskett wrote:
>> And what do you do when this LVM goes corrupt in about a month? I've
>> had it self destruct on me twice. I hate it when that happens.
>
> I would look for some other issue like bad hardware. Over the last
> several years I've routinely used LVM for pretty much everything and
> have never had it go corrupt on me except when there was a hardware
> failure involved. My standard buildouts use LVM over RAID.

Same here. We have 7 Racks full of servers and most of them run virtual
machines and we use LVM on the hosts and in the guests. In the last 10
years I've seen many cases of corruption however none of them were ever
related to LVM.

Regards,
  Dennis