[CentOS] Upgrading FC2 to CentOS 5.* - anyone second this? - general report

Sun Jun 3 18:39:30 UTC 2012
Les Mikesell <lesmikesell at gmail.com>

On Sun, Jun 3, 2012 at 11:55 AM, Max Pyziur <pyz at brama.com> wrote:

> I recognize that most of the comments were from sysadmins, more involved
> in managing server farms, and steeped in that knowledge/experience base.

And in upgrades, and thus have experience with the difference in
effort and results....

And you still have yet to explain what you think the result of the
extra hours of downloading and work has gained compared to a clean
install and copying your data back.   As far as I can see, it is a
bunch of orphaned files, a wildly fragmented disk layout, and probably
a less efficient filesystem.   This is especially true since you
mentioned having several disks, one probably large enough to hold a
complete backup of the old system disk so you could easily pick out
what you want back in the new install.

--
   Les Mikesell
     lesmikesell at gmail.com