[CentOS] nodejs based website

Mon Jun 4 04:03:30 UTC 2012
Edo <ml2edwin at gmail.com>

Hi,

This is probably OT but...

On Monday, June 4, 2012 at 12:42 PM, Tim Dunphy wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I am trying to setup a node.js based website called 'hummingbird'.
> It's a monitoring package that you can read about here:
>
> http://projects.nuttnet.net/hummingbird/
>
> My question is when I hit the site all I see is a directory listing
>
> http://107.21.183.42/hummingbird/
>

> Similar to what would happen if you went to a php site without php
> being configured in apache with the lines
>
> LoadModule php5_module modules/libphp5.so
> AddHandler php5-script .php
>
> I've never actually setup a node.js based site before and I was
> wondering if there might be something I was missing. I'd appreciate
> any advice you might have.

Node.js comes with its own web server so you don’t really need Apache.

Check http://nodejs.org/ and see how to install Node.js, start an app, etc. (There’s a sample on the top page.)

If you already have Node.js installed, see https://github.com/mnutt/hummingbird#installation and https://github.com/mnutt/hummingbird#running-hummingbird on how to run Hummingbird.

HTH,

- Edo - mailto:ml2edwin at gmail.com
“Do not hold back good from those to whom it is owing, when it
 happens to be in the power of your hand to do [it].”—Pro. 3:27