[CentOS] Centos 6 - Networking: Some Queries -- GURUS HELP PL

Tue Jun 12 05:13:15 UTC 2012
Gordon Messmer <yinyang at eburg.com>

On 06/11/2012 03:22 AM, Sanjay Arora wrote:
> Now I wonder why I did not think of so simple an idea! Simply put in a
> multi-port NIC card,
>
> Another questions...I put in another network port & I end up with 3
> NICs & 3 bridges...One providing Internet access, One providing
> routing to virtual hosts and one providing route to ltsp network.
>
> Now, traffic among these three networks will be routed automatically

No.  Multi-homing in this fashion is complex.  You will require advanced
routing on all of the guests to accomplish it.

Shorewall makes this easier, but you'll need to create multiple routing
tables using 'ip route', mark packets based on their destination, and
then select the appropriate routing table based on firewall marks.

This is not a simple idea.