[CentOS] Memory recognition in 6.2

Wed Jun 20 01:31:31 UTC 2012
Yves Bellefeuille <yan at storm.ca>

On Tuesday 19 June 2012, "Hugh E Cruickshank" <hugh at forsoft.com> wrote:

> If that is the case then both CentOS 5 and 6 are not viable for us. I
> will have to go for RHEL5 (or possibly 6) which does support the
> memory in 32-bit mode.

The limit's the same with RHEL 5 and 6. CentOS is "bug-for-bug
compatible" with RHEL.

> The reason for the restriction to 32-bit is because of other software
> that we must run that does not work correctly on a 64-bit OS.

Your 32-bit applications will be restricted to 4 Gb of memory each
anyway. If you must use x86, memory over 16 Gb is pretty much wasted,
unless you install x86_64 and virtualize x86 as necessary.

--
Yves Bellefeuille <yan at storm.ca>
"La Esperanta Civito ne rifuzas anticipe la kunlaboron de erarintoj, se