[CentOS] FreeIPA on Centos 6

Wed Jun 27 06:32:00 UTC 2012
Laurent Wandrebeck <l.wandrebeck at gmail.com>

2012/6/26 James Hogarth <james.hogarth at gmail.com>:

>> Is anybody using http://freeipa.org on a CentOS 6 server? Is it working
>> well?
>>

> Yes and yes.... I suggest checking out the FreeIPA mailing list and
> IRC channel if you have any trouble as you'll find quite a few people
> there.
>
> As a heads up IPA 2.2 will be coming in CentOS 6.3 which includes SSH
> key maintenance in IPA and form based authentication for when you
> don't have a kerberos token to pass to the IPA interface.
Hi,

deployed it at work, two (kvm) instances for HA, with DNS.
Named segfaulted here and there, and when the master instance failed,
takeover didn't work for whatever reason.
A really nice piece of software i'd have liked to continue to use, but
not yet prod ready imho.
I guess I'll have another look after 6.3.
HTH,
Laurent.