[CentOS] CentOS 5 Testing repo

Thu Mar 15 08:04:57 UTC 2012
Peter Peltonen <peter.peltonen at gmail.com>

Hi,

On Thu, Mar 15, 2012 at 12:17 AM, Tilman Schmidt
<t.schmidt at phoenixsoftware.de> wrote:
> Unfortunately it seems that PHP code written for 5.2 won't necessarily
> run on either 5.1 or 5.3. I'm not a PHP expert myself but my PHP-savvy
> colleagues and customers unanimously tell me so. So what's a poor web
> server admin to do? I am doomed to keep around one webserver with PHP
> 5.1, one with PHP 5.2 and one with PHP 5.3, only hoping one of them will
> have been deserted by the time PHP 5.4 is released.

The Rackspace IUS repo provides PHP 5.2 packages. See docs how to use it:

http://iuscommunity.org/Docs/ClientUsageGuide#Upgrading_Stock_RHEL_Packages_to_IUS_Packages

I am running their php 5.2 on one of my centos5 servers without no
probs. I upgraded from the php in the testing repo.

Best,
Peter