[CentOS] whcih mailing list for mail server issue?

Bob Hoffman

bob at bobhoffman.com
Mon Mar 5 10:53:01 UTC 2012

Hello,
First of all, thanks for the yum-cron config location, did not see that
there. That helped get my yum updates to my root user folder.

Second, I am not sure where to go with this one. I want to block emails
coming in to the server to root@, etc. But not block the cron jobs (and
other internal server setups) that send mail to root to be blocked.

I am using postfix/dovecot,spamassassin, and procmail. The file from the
logwatch is going through the spamassassin so I figure all 4 are going
to deal with any internal and external mail sent to root.

I can't see a way to say 'stop incoming mails to root' without killing
the internal mail delivery use.

In fact, I would really like only a few specified users to get incoming
mail period, but allow all internal mail to do as it should.

Which mailing list should I hit up. Dovecot does the delivery but is
totally hooked up with postfix and the rest using maildir/.

not sure where to go with this one.