[CentOS] Dovecot GUI

Timothy Murphy gayleard at eircom.net
Mon Mar 5 12:32:30 UTC 2012

Michael Gliwinski wrote:

>> I want to create a top-level folder
>> (ie at the same level as Inbox)
>> but this doesn't seem to be possible
>> from KMail running on a remote Fedora-6 laptop.

> I use KMail as client for Dovecot IMAP and I can create top level folders
> no
> problem.  Just right click on the server entry in the folder list (i.e.
> parent of the inbox folder) and choose "New subfolder".
> Do you not get that option or do you get an error when you try it?

That doesn't work for me.
In my case the parent of Inbox is "grover",
the name of the dovecot server (running CentOS-6.2).
If I right-click on grover,
I am offered a menu of options, but these do not include "New subfolder"
(even greyed out).
The ones that are not greyed out are:
  Update folder and its subfolders [I tried that]
  Find Messages
  Copy Folder to
  Archive Folder
  Assign Shortcut
  Folder Properties
  Manage Local Subscriptions

If instead I left-click on File in the top bar (while highlighting "grover")
  Add Folder is greyed out.
If I hightlight Inbox, for example,
  File=>Add Folder is not greyed out,
but if I add a folder here it is a sub-folder of Inbox.

> Fedora 6 is kind of old, but IIRC this also worked on KDE 3.

Sorry, that was a typo for Fedora-16.
[tim at blanche ~]$ kmail --version
Qt: 4.8.0
KDE Development Platform: 4.8.00 (4.8.0