[CentOS] restrict postfix to only certain users getting incoming mail

Nicolas KOWALSKI nicolas.kowalski at gmail.com
Tue Mar 6 06:39:49 UTC 2012

On Mon, Mar 05, 2012 at 11:50:21PM -0500, Bob Hoffman wrote:
> What I would like is to just tell postfix to only allow incoming mail
> for user1 and user2 and reject all...but only from external sources, not
> locally sent mail.

You may use local_recipient_maps. On my home server, I have this in the
postfix main.cf file:

mydestination = $myhostname, localhost
local_recipient_maps = hash:/etc/postfix/local_recipients, $alias_maps

/etc/postfix/local_recipients contains the list of the users allowed to
get mail from the external, one by line:

user1	OK
user2	OK

Fill it with the values needed, then run "postmap /etc/postfix/local_recipients",
and reload/restart postfix.

Also, see http://www.postfix.org/LOCAL_RECIPIENT_README.html

--
Nicolas