[CentOS] CentOS 6.2 software raid 10 with LVM - Need help with degraded drive and only one MBR

Ljubomir Ljubojevic office at plnet.rs
Wed Mar 7 11:12:49 UTC 2012

On 03/03/2012 06:48 AM, Jonathan Vomacka wrote:
> This was a raid 10, would the same apply? If I do a fresh reinstall how
> can I guarantee that the MBR is across all drives?

I do not think you NEED to reinstall entire system.

Check if there is /boot partition on the rest of the disks. If there is,
they might have (even old) kernel and the rest of files, so your system
could be booted.

If there is no files on /boot partition, you could copy it from some
other CentOS 6.2 system and edit the config files so the paths are
correct. This will keep your system intact with all the custom config
changes.

--

Ljubomir Ljubojevic
(Love is in the Air)