[CentOS] md raid 10

Ross Walker rswwalker at gmail.com
Wed Mar 7 17:40:04 UTC 2012

On Mar 7, 2012, at 11:02 AM, Les Mikesell <lesmikesell at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Wed, Mar 7, 2012 at 9:49 AM, William Warren
> <hescominsoon at emmanuelcomputerconsulting.com> wrote:
>> well ubuntu allows me to boot from MD RAID10...so there's something they
>> are doing that allows that to boot.
>
> That ubuntu version has probably switched to grub2.  Good luck
> debugging it when it breaks - it is very different.

Plus it is very handy to have a /boot that is readable/mountable without LVM or MDRAID drivers loaded and configured.

/boot is only 256-512MB partition that is read only during boot and updated only when there is a new kernel, so it ain't no big thing. Even when RH goes to grub2 I think I'll keep this setup by default.

-Ross