[CentOS] md raid 10

Ljubomir Ljubojevic office at plnet.rs
Wed Mar 7 19:48:35 EST 2012

On 03/07/2012 07:43 PM, Miguel Medalha wrote:
>   >>  Plus if i raid1 it then i only have two bootable disks..at least
> this way i have 4 bootable disks..:)
> No, you don't have 4. Please study the way a RAID10 array works.

We are talking about *software* /boot partition on RAID1! that can have
any number of member partitions. And the rest of the disk here discussed
is *software* "mdraid RAID10" with 1,2,3,4,... member partitions, not
regular hardware RAID1+0!!

Please first read up on it, then comment.

Ljubomir Ljubojevic
(Love is in the Air)
PL Computers
Serbia, Europe