[CentOS] Thunderbird and Firefox 10 font rendering

Toralf Lund toralf.lund at pgs.com
Thu Mar 8 13:33:35 UTC 2012

On 08/03/12 12:46, Sorin Srbu wrote:
> [...]
The problem actually seems to be that GNOME desktop settings for font
smoothing and hinting, as configured via Preferences->Fonts->Details..,
are not honoured. I don't think I've configured anything special there,
but apparently, I don't even get normal defaults... I can change the
appearance to something better by editing ~/.fonts.conf, though, but I'm
still not sure if I've been able to reproduce the exact settings of
other programs. And I don't think I've had to do this in the past...

- Toralf

This e-mail, including any attachments and response string, may contain proprietary information which is confidential and may be legally privileged. It is for the intended recipient only. If you are not the intended recipient or transmission error has misdirected this e-mail, please notify the author by return e-mail and delete this message and any attachment immediately. If you are not the intended recipient you must not use, disclose, distribute, forward, copy, print or rely on this e-mail in any way except as permitted by the author.