[CentOS] Fetchmail warning

Timothy Murphy gayleard at eircom.net
Thu Mar 8 19:54:00 EST 2012

I fetchmail on my CentOS-6.2 from 4 servers.
One always gives the warning
[tim at grover cron.d]$ fetchmail -a go.tcd.ie
fetchmail: Error exchanging credentials
6 messages for tmurphy at go.tcd.ie.
reading message tmurphy at go.tcd.ie:1 of 6 (2978 header octets) (2639 body
octets) flushed
The messages seem to come over OK,
so it seems the warning doesn't matter.
Or does it?

I don't get the warning from other IMAP servers.

But I was wondering if my setup in /etc/pki/tls/certs/ is correct.
I have 3 .crt files:
ca-bundle.crt from CentOS installation (actually from ca-certificates*.rpm),
gayleard.crt , the certificate I got from CAcert.org
cacert.crt , the Class 3 root certificate from CAcert.org .

I'm wondering if I am supposed to append the cacert.crt to ca-bundle.crt ,
and if failure to do that could be the cause of the warning?

Alternatively, should I use the Class 1 root certificate from CAcert?
(I didn't because CAcert said this was for Windows.)

Finally, can anyone kindly point me to an online article
that would answer the queries above?

Timothy Murphy
e-mail: gayleard /at/ eircom.net
tel: +353-86-2336090, +353-1-2842366