[CentOS] php-pear problem on yum update

Johnny Hughes johnny at centos.org
Fri Mar 9 11:37:15 UTC 2012

On 03/09/2012 03:16 AM, Nikos Gatsis - Qbit wrote:
> [...]
> php-pear-mail_mime-1.3.1-1.el5.rf.noarch
>    file /usr/share/pear/.channels/pear.php.net.reg from install of
> php-pear-1.4.9-8.el5.noarch conflicts with
> file                                            from package
> php-pear-mail_mime-1.3.1-1.el5.rf.noarch
>    file /usr/share/pear/.channels/pecl.php.net.reg from install of
> php-pear-1.4.9-8.el5.noarch conflicts with
> file                                            from package
> php-pear-mail_mime-1.3.1-1.el5.rf.noarch
>    file /usr/share/pear/.depdb from install of
> php-pear-1.4.9-8.el5.noarch conflicts with file from package
> php-pea
> r-mail_mime-1.3.1-1.el5.rf.noarch
>
> I have never Install a package out of yum so this conflict is very
> strange to me.
> I try to clean up yum, and update with --skip-broken with no luck.
>
> Is good to install php packages excluding php-pear?

The issue you are having is that several php-pear-*.rf packages
installed that are conflicting with the base CentOS php-pear rpm.

The ".rf" designator means that the conflicting php-pear-* packages in
question are from the repoforge/rpmforge 3rd part repository.

If you do not need those packages then remove them.

If you do need them, I would look for those packages on EPEL, as the
php-pear-* packages there do not conflict with the main php-pear package
from CentOS.

EPEL:
http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/EPEL