[CentOS] Cloud on CentOS Server

Craig White craig.white at ttiltd.com
Fri Mar 9 17:07:02 UTC 2012

On Mar 9, 2012, at 9:37 AM, Les Mikesell wrote:

> On Fri, Mar 9, 2012 at 9:23 AM, Craig White <craig.white at ttiltd.com> wrote:
>>
>>> The new twist is that they need to work from phones and tablets.   So,
>>> you need clients on those platforms (gmail/calendar is tuned for
>>> google on android...) or everything has to run in a browser.   But you
>>> probably want real calendar support with notifications...
>> ----
>> horde/imp/etc. has caldav/ical support and works fine w/ mobile devices.
>
> How do you get them to sync with arbitrary sources?  My android phone
> has its own calendar and merges things from the company exchange
> server and my google calendar, but I don't know how you would add
> another caldav source.   And I though ical was a file-level transport
> where you would have to view the item containing it on the device
> where you want the notification.
----
Probably less arbitrary than you think because a calendar is essentially a URL and the mobile devices generally know what to do with them.

Horde/Turba/Kronolith

horde can use ActiveSync

http://wiki.horde.org/ActiveSync

Davical

http://davical.org/clients.php

both can handle sync of Calendars & Address Books

Craig