[CentOS] t-bird, followup

m.roth at 5-cent.us m.roth at 5-cent.us
Tue Mar 13 17:57:00 UTC 2012

Les Mikesell wrote:
> On Tue, Mar 13, 2012 at 12:11 PM,  <m.roth at 5-cent.us> wrote:
>>>
>>> did you pick the 'sync' option for the account?  After doing that,
>>
>> No. I didn't know what it did.
>
> It very specifically mentioned improving the search capability in the
> dialog where you made that choice...

Yeah, but who knows what that means. And why would they take *out*
something that was *always* there before, regardless of settings like
this?
<snip>
> Try 'Help/Migration Assistant'

Well, import didn't have it; I did go to account settings->synchronization
& storage, and it has message synchronizing checked, and sync all messages
regardless of age.

> Worst case, you might delete the account and add it back.

I don't think so....

> By the way, if you have anywhere to run it, outlook from Microsoft
> Office 10 is very good at searching too - much nicer than earlier
> versions, although it takes forever to build its initial index.

The gov laptop is at home. I turn it on *only* when I have to....

         mark